Posts Categorized: Business Law

Important Tax Forms for Self-Employed, Independent Contractors


There are several federal IRS tax forms that you’ll probably be handling as a self-employed person, a freelancer, an independent contractor, or whatever you want to call yourself.   1. W-9, “Request for Taxpayer Identification Number” When you perform work for someone as an independent contractor, the client is required to give you a W-9…

Everything You Need to Know About The Hawaii General Excise Tax


  Updated 5/30/2018 I am slowly making updates to the article. If you post 2 or more links, your comment will be auto-marked as spam by the system. Thanks to DAVID W RISTAU CPA for helping to answer some of the questions in the comments section. There are now over 250 questions and answers combined — you…